The Beaphar Finger Toothbrush comes in a great value pack containing two finger toothbrushes with silicone bristles. These finger toothbrushes slip comfortably over the end of your finger, allowing for close and accurate teeth cleaning. The Beaphar Finger Toothbrush is an excellent, gentle way to introduce cats and dogs to teeth cleaning, and is easy to clean after use.
Many pet health problems can stem from a lack of attention to oral hygiene. Daily brushing removes food particles, and reduces bacteria and early plaque formation, helping to prevent bad breath and tooth decay.
It is important to not use human tooth care products on your pet as these products usually contain fluoride which is toxic to animals and can result in serious health problems. In addition, human toothpaste contains a foaming agent, which if swallowed will irritate your pet’s stomach.
We recommend using Beaphar Toothpaste with your Beaphar Toothbrush. The toothpaste is fluoride-free and readily accepted by pets due to its delicious liver flavour.
Manufacturers recommendations for use:
It is important to introduce your cat or dog to teeth cleaning slowly. The following steps should be achieved gradually. Do not move onto the next step until your cat or dog is happy with the current step. The duration and frequency of each step needs to be built up steadily to avoid teeth cleaning becoming a stressful experience for both you and your pet.
1. Lift your pet’s lips to expose the teeth. Reinforce this by giving them lots of praise.
2. Once your pet is used to having their mouth touched on the outside, start running your finger along their teeth.
3. When they are accustomed to this, introduce them to a small amount of Beaphar Toothpaste. Place some on your finger, allowing them to lick it off. The toothpaste is liver-flavoured and most pets love it.
4. When they are used to the taste and texture of the toothpaste, and having their mouth touched you can start to introduce the Beaphar Finger Toothbrush. To do this, simply wet the bristles on the finger toothbrush and place some Beaphar Toothpaste on it.
5. Allow your pet to investigate and lick the delicious liver-flavoured toothpaste off the finger toothbrush. Be sure to give them plenty of praise.
6. When they are comfortable with each of the steps, it is time to combine all elements of the training. Start by brushing a few teeth on this session and gradually build up each time until all their teeth can be cleaned.
Replace the Beaphar Finger Toothbrush after three months, or sooner if the bristles look worn. Ensure you thoroughly clean the Beaphar Finger Toothbrush after each use.
Beaphar Finger Toothbrushes are an excellent and gentle way to introduce cats and dogs to teeth cleaning.
Always have fresh drinking water available.