Beaphar Feeding Syringes are invaluable for anyone trying to rear very young or weak animals.
This pack contains two 12ml syringes, one with a blunt tip and one with a tapered tip. Some animals will take better to one style of syringe than the other. Both are suitable to be used with Beaphar Lactol.
Suitable for kittens, cats, puppies, dogs and small animals.
Manufacturers directions for use:
1. Ensure all equipment is clean and sterile before use, preferably by soaking in a sterilising solution.
2. Mix the milk powder as directed and allow to cool until lukewarm (38°C or blood temperature).
3. Fill the blunt tip syringe with the prepared milk replacer and gently press the plunger to ensure the liquid is flowing.
4. It is a good idea to support the animal in a towel. This helps restrain limbs if necessary and absorb any spillages.
5. Gently depress the plunger to squeeze a bead of liquid onto the tip of the syringe and touch on the animal’s tongue. This should feel like a nipple and trigger swallowing, in which case continue until the animal seems content. DO NOT SQUEEZE HARD in case you force liquid into the lungs.
If this method does not work, then fill the tapered tip syringe. Gently insert into the animals mouth, and release a few drops into the cheek, and allow the animal to swallow.
Be prepared to repeat this every 2-3 hours until the animal is strong enough to feed from a bottle.